Realise your future with an IBAC Study Loan
Get the best interest rates
No Compound Interest
Pay a fixed interest rate on the loan amount over a fixed period of time without annual increases.
Convert your loan with BAcoins
Convert your loan to BAcoins and trade your BAcoin crypto tokens to make a profit from your loan.
Frequently asked Questions
A student loan is a way of funding further education after high school. Your student loan pays for:
- Studying ONLINE at BAvarsity as a Business Analyst (Course B1.1 to B1.20).
- Starting your student loan application will get you to create a BAvarsity account.
- You will be given a voucher to use when buying the Business Analyst course (modules B1.1 to B1.20) at BAvarsity , if your loan is approved.
Accessing your Student loan account
- The money will be paid directly to the institution BAvarsity.
Insurance cover for your Student loan
- We recommend that you take out a Credit Protection Plan to pay any outstanding balance on your loan in the event of death, dread disease or disability.
What else do you need to know
- Student loans are granted for a specific course (Business Analyst) at BAvarsity.
To qualify you must be a natural legal person living in a country that allows students to take out study loans. The loan can be in the name of:-
- A parent who has proof of income.
- A sponsor or guardian, who has proof of income.
- A student, who has proof of income or a parent/sponsor/guardian, who has proof of income.
- IBAC finance both undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications studied at BAVarsity –
- You can apply for a minimum amount of $1,800.00.
- The IBAC study loan will only cover one course’s tuition fees. You will need to re-apply the following year if you proceed with your studies at BAVarsity and complete another course.
- An IBAC study loan is awarded based on each customer’s risk and affordability.
- A valid Identification Document/Passport Document from the country you reside in.
- Proof of residential address such as a utility bill.
- Proof of study in the form of a registration email address at www.bavarsity.org (You must register at BAVarsity and use the same Email address to apply for your IBAC student loan).
- For second and subsequent courses of study at BAVarsity, proof of the previous years’ academic results to ensure student is permitted to continue studies.
- You can opt to make capital and interest repayments or;
- You can repay interest only for a period of 12 months (the first year).
When topping up an existing IBAC study loan, you may repay interest only for a further 12 months.
Get a Credit Protection Plan
- Be prepared for the unexpected and have peace of mind knowing you are covered. The Credit Protection Plan will cover you in case of death, disability, critical illness or retrenchment. You can get cover to protect your IBAC study loan with IBAC-Standard.org or IBAC-Standard.com.
Peace of mind
- If something should happen to you, our plans will cushion you and your family from your credit commitments with IBAC.
- We provide credit protection plans that will ease the burden of your IBAC study loan to study at BA varsity in the event that you are unable to pay due to death, disability, critical illness or retrenchment.
Get tailored cover
- We have a credit protection plan for your specific needs when taking an IBAC study loan.
Which IBAC credit agreements can I cover?
We cover your IBAC study loan if you:
- Have an IBAC Study Loan between $1800 – $3500.
The benefits are:
- The outstanding amount on your IBAC study loan is paid out to BAvarsity for death, permanent disability or critical illness of the sponsor.
- If you become temporarily disabled or retrenched, the plan covers the monthly repayment for your IBAC study loan for a limited time.
- If applicable, the outstanding amount on your IBAC study loan will be waived after 12 months (conditions apply) if the student cannot find a job.
How much does a Credit Protection Plan cost for my IBAC loan
- See the details under the tab Student Loan Repayments.
- As a BAvarsity student, you will start repaying the capital of the loan on completion of your studies.
- You’re given a grace period of 12 months for capital repayments when you start your studies at BAvarsity.
- However, during your time of study, you will need to pay the monthly interest on your student loan.
- The interest on your student loan will be charged to your BAvarsity account.
- You will need to start repaying your loan immediately if you fail to complete your studies at BAvarsity.
- The student loan amount has been set at $1800 and once you begin repaying the capital portion (From the 2nd year) of your student loan, the monthly repayment amounts will remain unchanged.
- Monthly invoices will be send to you from PayPal to your email address (the email address you use to sign on to study) detailing the payments for Interest payments (1st 12 months, and/or Capital Payments+Interest payments (2nd year onwards) and Credit Protection Plan payments (if you have selected the plan)).
- For security reasons and transparency, all payments must be made via PayPal using a Debit, Credit Card or a PayPal account.
- A PayPal link displayed on your invoice, will be send to you for payments.
Repayment period of the loan:
- All loans have been set to 48 months for repayment periods.
Interest charged during the repayment period of the loan:
- All loans have been set to a 10 % interest rate for the 48 months repayment period.
- Payments that reduce the loan amount once the interest has been paid.
- Starts in the second year of the student loan term.
- Payments that don’t reduce the loan amount.
- Interest payments starts the first month of the student loan being granted and continues to the last month of the loan being paid.
- Pay no additional charges when your are able to settle your loan earlier.
A once-off initiation fee (see details in the tab for Student Loan Repayments) is charged for your student loan (only if approved).
A monthly service fee (see details in the tab for Student Loan Repayments) is charged for your student loan (only if approved).
- If you have completed your studies at BAvarsity (you have obtained the official certificate of competency from BAvarsity) and you have not found a job after 12 months, your loan will be waived on condition that you have selected the Credit Protection Plan and have paid your monthly interest and Credit Protection plan fees on time every month.
- The Credit Protection Plan will cover you in case of death, disability, critical illness or retrenchment. You can get cover to protect your loan or facility with IBAC-Standard.org or IBAC-Standard.com.
- Get minimum cover of $1800 when you claim in the event of death, permanent disability or dread disease.
- Your BAvarsity student loan account will be settled in full in the event of death, permanent disability or dread disease.
Unable to find a job after 12 months
- If you have taken out the Credit Protection plan and have paid the monthly interest and Credit Protection Plan fees for 12 consecutive months from the day the loan was granted, your IBAC loan to study at BAvarsity will be waived and you will have a zero balance – Your loan will be settled in full!
- Now thats what we call:- Confidence in YOU!
How do I apply for a Credit Protection Plan on my student loan?
- Simply tick the opt-in box for Credit Protection on the Student Loan Application form.
How do I claim on my Credit Protection Plan on my student loan?
- The Backoffice at Support@bavarsity.org will deal will your claim.
- Send an email to Support @bavarsity.org (after 12 months if you have a claim) and the back-office will deal with the claim.
How soon can I claim on my Credit Protection Plan on my student loan?
- After 12 months if you have been paying your monthly interest on your student loan on time.
- After 12 months if you have been paying your Credit Protection Plan fees on your student loan every month on time.
- After 12 months if you have been paying your monthly service fees on your student loan every month on time.
- All the above must be true before you can claim.
- Your outstanding balance is settled in full in the event of death, dread disease or permanent disability.
- There’s a 12-month waiting period for retrenchment cover.
- Cover for retrenchment, dread disease, temporary disability and permanent disability ends at age 60.
- Death cover ends at age 60.
- Suicide is excluded for the first 24 months of the policy.
- Pre-existing medical conditions from the last 12 months aren’t covered for the first 12 months.
Starting your Studies
Once your application has been reviewed, you will contacted via your email with instruction (Link to start your studies).